Experienced Landlord Insurance Advice
At Michigan Insurance Services Agency, Inc., our staff offers experienced advice on landlords insurance in Gaylord, MI. As an independent insurance agency with more than 35 years of experience, we are able to help you compare multiple rates and address the many nuances of rental property ownership.
Consider All Factors Relating to Your Landlord Insurance Coverage
When choosing rental property insurance in Gaylord, MI, there are many factors that may impact the policies available and the premiums for the offered coverage. It is important to understand these factors and consider each carefully while drafting rental agreements and considering new property purchases.
We offer advice on each of these factors, including:
- Property size and value: Insurance providers consider the square footage of an investment property when building a coverage quote. Larger, more valuable properties carry higher potential repair and replacement costs, which may impact your landlord insurance premiums.
- Property type: Insuring a single-family dwelling is different than insuring a condo or co-op unit. Understanding the unique liabilities associated with different property types helps to keep costs down and maximize the protection of your investment.
- Renter demographic: Who you choose to rent your property to may impact the costs of your landlords insurance policy. For example, landlords who focus on renting to students and younger individuals may pay more than those who plan to rent to established individuals and families.
- Rental location: Geographic location of a property may impact coverage premiums. Property located in higher-crime areas or those in potential flood plains will likely be more expensive to insure.
- Rental policies: Specific rental policies may impact landlord insurance rates. For example, landlords that allow pets on the property may need to carry additional coverage.
- Personal property: Any personal belongings you leave behind for your tenants to use, such as appliances and furniture, should be insured against damage or loss. It is important to know the value and replacement costs of these items when searching for coverage.
- Accident liability: As a landlord, you may be liable for damages resulting from accidents on your property. Adding protection against accident liability is an important step in creating a comprehensive insurance package.
- Related structures: In addition to the rental unit itself, your policy should also cover related private structures such as sheds and garages and any fixtures to the property, including satellite dishes.
Whatever your specific landlord insurance needs may be, our staff takes great care to help you review every aspect of your situation before offering detailed information on your potential liabilities, coverage options and cost-saving strategies.
Contact Us to Compare Multiple Landlord Insurance Policies
We work with a wide range of insurance companies, from local providers to some of the nation’s largest carriers. This allows us to gather multiple quotes for available policies, giving you the ability to compare coverage and select the rental property insurance that you feel most comfortable with. Request a quote online or call 989.448.3334 for more information on your unique landlord insurance needs.
“Great rates. Great service.”— Michael P., customer since 2003
“Very friendly and helpful with every question I have asked them.”— Customer since 2014
“You did everything correctly! I am a very satisfied and happy customer!”— Gene, customer since 2017
“We love how you take care of changes with our insurance coverage, etc. when we go south or come back north. After approximately 10 years we are happy with your services you provide.”—Daniel C., customer since 2007
“You have always been there and will compare rates for us. You also are very prompt when it comes to adding new vehicles to our account. Also making sure we have the correct coverage we need for our home, cars, camper and boat.”— Michael L.
“When our tree fell on our house one year. You guys came out that same morning and called the tree trimmers to take care of it right away. Great company. ”
“Service! Whether it's a claim or the bill or we just need a question answered about our policy you're always there to help.”— Scott B.
“We enjoy that you treat us like a valued customer and always try to find the best option and price for our insurance needs! Love the personal service also!”— Mike, customer since 2016
“Very smooth process when making a claim.”— Adam R., customer since 2015